- Golodova Zhanna Gavriilovna Doctor of Economics
The article provides a brief overview of the prerequisites for the need to reform pension systems. Based on an analysis of four EU countries that, according to OECD forecasts, may face the most serious pension problems, the directions for reforming pension systems since 2016 are revealed. An assessment of the effectiveness of the pension systems of the EU-14 countries and Hungary for 2011–2021 was carried out and it was found that, despite the adoption of measures to tighten the conditions for pension payments, the efficiency of pension systems in terms of the gross replacement rate increased by only 3.7 %, and in some countries it had place of its decline.
How to link insert
Golodova, Z. G. (2023). PENSION SYSTEMS OF THE EU COUNTRIES: DIRECTIONS OF REFORM AND EVALUATION OF EFFECTIVENESS Bulletin of the Moscow City Pedagogical University. Series "Pedagogy and Psychology", 2023 №2 (36), 17. https://doi.org/10.25688/2312-6647.2023.36.2.02
1. 1. Franco D., Tommasino P. Lessons From Italy: A Good Pension System Needs an Effective Broader Social Policy // Intereconomics. 2020. Vol. 55. № 2. P. 73–81.
2. 2. Barslund M. Pension Systems in the EU — Some Policy Issues // Intereconomics. 2020. Vol. 55. № 2. P. 69–72.
3. 3. Wang P., Zhang M., Shand R., Howell K. E. Retirement, Pension Systems and Models of Pension Systems. University of Plymouth and IÉSEG // Economics Working Paper. 2014. № 1402. P. 1–18. DOI:10.13140/2.1.2667.8404
4. 4. Asher M. G. The Future of Retirement Protection in Southeast Asia // International Social Security Review. 1998. № 51 (1). P. 3–30.
5. 5. Pudovkin A. V. Mirovoj opy`t reformirovaniya pensionny`x sistem i vozmozhnosti ego ispol`zovaniya v Rossii [The world experience of reforming pension systems and the possibilities of its use in Russia]: avtoref. dis. … kand. e`kon. nauk. M., 2017. 26 s.
6. 6. Scarponetti P., Sepúlveda L., Martín-Artiles A. Pension Systems Compared: A Polarised Perspective: a Diverse Reality // Towards a Comparative Analysis of Social Inequalities between Europe and Latin America. 2021. January. P. 419–451. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-48442-2_14
7. 7. Blanchet D. Pensions in France: A look back at 30 years of debate and reform // Population & Societies. 2020. № 574. P. 1–4.
8. 8. Boulhol H. Towards a Universal Pension Points System in France // Intereconomics. 2020. Vol. 55. № 2. P. 82–87.